Post by Vetti on Aug 3, 2016 0:29:08 GMT -5
Please familiarize yourself with all the rules before joining! We want to have a smoothly-running site, and that involves adhering to all of the following:
- The Almanac Effect is a site for members 16 years of age and older.
- Only members of staff have OOC accounts.
- Remember, your tag (@name) is whatever name you register with, not your display name. You can't change your registration name once the account is created, so choose wisely.
--If any of these are violated, you will receive one (friendly) reminder of the rules before being issued a 24-hour ban from the box.
- Please do not advertise for other sites in the box. If you'd like to advertise or affiliate, please post in the appropriate board at the bottom of the site!
- No spamming! This is a site for RP, not face creams, wrist watches, escorts, etc. (You get the idea)
- If you're having a particularly bad day, please steer away from the cbox to prevent spreading negativity. If you want/need to talk to someone, grab a friend or a member of staff on Skype.
- As everyone has different values and levels of attachment to certain subjects, please don't discuss potentially offensive subjects such as (but not limited to): politics, religion, homophobia, and abuse of any kind.
- If you want to promote Wanted Characters to potential new members (PNMs), please link them to the overall Wanteds thread. You're welcome to discuss your specific wanteds if a PNM (or other member of the site) asks for them, but try to avoid shoving them in their faces!
- Use the provided posting template.
- Post your application with the account that is to become that character.
- Use the "WIP" or "COMPLETE" labels on your app so we know where you are in the process!
- Edit your app in BBCode to avoid it getting all screwy.
- Please fill the images in the app with pictures of your character's FC.
- If a member of staff asks you to edit something in your app, please do so amicably.
- You're allowed to jump for joy publicly when you finish an app, but please wait 24 hours before pushing staff to check it. We'll try to get it looked over before then!
- If you're taking someone's Wanted, please post a note about it in the application, and have that person "accept" it before marking it Complete for staff to check.
- Once your character is accepted, change their display name to their first and last name (if applicable), and fill out their mini profile!
- Read through the member groups guide, and make sure your character fits solidly into one of those categories. Your Cultivator can't also be a Medic.
- If you're not sure what you want your character to be yet, they can be a Nomad until they "find their way". Just be aware they won't benefit from the trade that occurs in colony life, and will likely have to hunt/gather for their own food.
- Faceclaims, and the age of the character, can be no younger than 16.
- Keep faceclaims to people known in one industry or another (actors, musicians, models, athletes, etc.).
- Check out the list of claimed faces before choosing what you want your char to look like. No two humans should look alike, unless they're intended as identical twins.
- Give your character personality! Have things they really like, things that irk them, habits they fall into, etc. (These are just suggestions)
- For the sake of not taking up any of your small/large item slots, every human character is given a small bag of toiletries when they land, containing: 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, a bar of soap, a razor, deodorant, a toothbrush, and toothpaste. The only restriction is that none of these products can enter a water source, so characters must collect water in a tub (or however you want) and use from there.
- Wanted Characters are leased out for a 30-day period before officially becoming the property of that writer. This gives both parties time to work out the kinks. At the end of the 30 days, the requesting writer can either give the go-ahead for that Wanted to become the property of the other writer, or politely reclaim the character.
- Just a little help for adding an mp3 to a character's account: Search for the song you want in Youtube, then copy that link into listentoyoutube.com to convert it to an mp3. Download the mp3, then upload it to kiwi6.com. They'll give you a hotlink that you can paste into your account!
NATIVES: special enough to have their own category
- If you're just joining, you're welcome to make your first char a Native! In order to make more than one, though, you'll need at least an equivalent number of human chars. (So your number of Natives should never outnumber your humans by more than 1)
- A Native must originally be one of the creatures of PE, which can be found here. If you're not fond of any of these options, you're welcome to create something new! Just post it to that thread first.
- They do not have powers or special abilities, aside from the ability to appear human and walk outside during whatever season they're used to (for example, a Worm can survive daylight during the Scorch). Creatures that are normally larger than a human are 25% stronger than a person should be.
- Natives can only take on the appearance of someone already on the planet. You may choose from the list of currently claimed faces and pick one with an asterisk (*) beside it, or choose one not already taken. If you go with the second option, that face is still open for someone to make a human with.
- Since they can only mimic what they see, their first transformation includes the clothes of whoever they're copying. That being said, this clothing is not removable, since they haven't seen what's underneath in order to replicate it. They'll have to see someone naked (awkward!) before they can replicate a complete human form.
- Because their language will clearly differ from anything spoken on Earth, their names can be a single word, and don't necessarily have to make sense in terms of accents on letters and pronunciation. Try to keep it somewhat reasonable, though.
- Natives cannot speak a human language for their first 3 threads. In their 4th, they may start forming broken sentences. They should not be fluent until their 8th thread. They are always able to converse with other Natives without restriction.
- Since they're already on the planet, Natives don't have small or large items. Therefore they don't benefit from Drops, unless a human fails to pick something of theirs up (giving the Native the opportunity to steal).
- As always, no invincible characters (godmoding), don't try to control other chars (powerplaying), and don't give your characters knowledge they shouldn't have (metaplaying)! You, as the writer, have knowledge of how the site and PE are going to work, but your character does not. Don't write them preparing for the first harsh season when realistically no one has any idea it's coming.
- Characters' five large items don't arrive with them - so don't write your character with these things until the items arrive in a Drop! These will be posted in the Drop Point periodically, and your character will be tagged when items arrive.
- We care more about quality (did you write something that the other person can build from?) than quantity, but please aim for at least 200 words in every post.
- Romances happen. Fade to black.
- Please use a template for all posts! It makes everything so much more aesthetically pleasing. Good resource sites include: Adoxography, Wicked Wonderland, Gangnam Style, Template HQ, and A Thousand Fireflies. You must register on all of these sites to view their templates (think of it like "If you want to use our stuff, give us the courtesy of joining").
That's all for now! Go have fun ♥
|WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!|
pharaoh leap of gangnam style